top of page
Search

C4GT is NOT a done deal

C4GT, the first gas plant that sought (and received) permits from Charles City County, is now requesting permission, through Virginia Natural Gas, to build and expand on existing pipelines (including the construction of compressor stations) to get the gas to the C4GT plant. This is the SCC case.


If the SCC approves the Virginia Natural Gas request, the private investors will pay for 94% of the construction's costs, but "The remainder (6%) of the capital

cost will be attributable to VNG’s customers." In other words, it seems here like Virginia Natural Gas is asking for a general rate increase to pay for infrastructure development to supply a privately owned, for-profit merchant plant.

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Petroleum leak at Adkins Store

There was a petroleum leak at Adkins Store, and the DEQ is hosting two public meetings on Tuesday, July 16th, to discuss it. To find more information, we encourage everyone to go to the DEQ webpage ab

Comentários


bottom of page